Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Saturday, June 30, 2007

Eyecatchers-8: "Bhagavad Gita and Mahabharata"

This site provides the great Indian epic, Mahabharata, and the great spiritual book of India, Bhagavad Gita.

One can read the Bhagavad Gita in any one of the three languages of one's choice: Sanskrit, Hindi or English.

There are a lot of commentories on the Gita by eminent persons. I have studied some of them. Generally, the first reading is from beginning to end, with a pen in hand to highlight/underline passages which appeal to me. During the second reading, I pay more attention to the highlighted passages and after that I open the book and read at random the highlighted passages only. Thus, without much effort, I always pick up some elevating/ennobling thoughts/ideas. Lord Krishna's advice to Arjun, holds good for us also and I found them helpful on many an occasion. Some of these gems I recall at random and give below:

1. The doer of good, never comes to harm.
( This motivates one to do good always.)
2. No effort is ever wasted.
(So I don't give up my efforts on the face of difficulties and go on with my efforts)
3. My devotee never perishes.
(For all embodied souls, death is imminent, even incarnations of God are not exempt from this.For the devotee who has surrendered himself to God, death will be an honorable one. He will not perish i.e. meet with ignominious death).
4. Give up cowardice/unmanliness, it ill becomes thee!
(This motivates one to face challenges in life manfully, instead of running away from them.)

This digital version should be more easier to refer to. So I feel it is a good contribution and deserves kudos. My sincere thanks to
http://www.4to40.com/ !

Bhagavad Gita, Mahabharata, Bhagavat Gita in Sanskrit, Hindi, English, Krishna Arjun,Indian Mythology, Geeta Translation

No comments: