Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Thursday, August 14, 2008

My Photo Album-51: "My Guruji"

This is my revered Guruji, Srimat Swami Gahananandaji Maharaj. I got initiated by him when he visited Madurai Ramakrishna Math for laying the foundation stone for the Ramakrishna Temple. I had the good fortune to stay at the Sri Ramakrishna Yododyan Math, Kankurgachchi, Kolkata for a few days, where he was having seat as Vice President.

Again I got another opportunity to be with him when he visited Sri Ramakrishna Math, Mylapore, Chennai and visited the various centres of the Math nearby (Chingleput and other places). I accompanied him in another vehicle and attended all his functions that day. That was a memorable and happy day.

He joined the Ramakrishna Order in 1939, that is ten years before I was born. He became President in 2005 and attained Mahasamadhi on November 4, 2007 at the ripe age of 91.

This photograph was scanned from a magazine (probably Prabuddha Bharata (Awakened India) and during the scanning process something went wrong. There were smudges everywhere and I have tried to improve it to the best of my knowledge. Here again, any suggestion to improve the quality is most welcome.

Wikipedia article on my Guruji:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swami_Gahanananda

Grateful thanks to Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

No comments: