Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Sunday, November 09, 2008

My Photo Album-30: "Suri at the Taj Mahal"

This photograph makes me feel nostalgic. It was taken by a professional photographer who makes a living by taking photographs of visitors to the Taj Mahal. It is more than 30 years old and was hiding itself between the pages of a book, when I came upon it.

I was on a 23-day All India conducted tour by one Kumaran Travels of Madurai, Tamil Nadu. From Madurai, Tamil Nadu, we went up to Srinagar in Kashmir. On the way back, we visited Delhi, Agra and other places. The entire trip was performed by a bus.

(The photo taken at the Delhi residence of the then Prime Minister, Shri Morarji Desai, I have already posted in this blog.) From Delhi we went to Agra. We left Delhi in the early hours and were inside the Taj as soon as it was opened for visitors. So I look a bit tired. Further, the photo has faded as it was kept inside a book and was forgotten for a long period of time.

This memorial to his Queen Mumtaz Mahal by Emperor Shah Jahan, which is one of the seven wonders of the world, evoked a feeling of awe in me.

No comments: