Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Friday, September 02, 2011

My Photo Album-70: Landmarks of Sivaganga



Maruthupandiyar Nagar - Collectorate and State Govt office complex


Raja Doraisingam Memorial Govt Arts College


Inside the college


College Entrance

Foundation Stone of the College - 
The Long name of the Founder we tried to memorize and repeat.




(9)

My friend, Mr.Senthil before Statue of Raja Doraisingam


Palace Entrance


Statue of Queen Velu Nachiar


About Queen Velu Nachiar


The Kings who ruled over Sivagangai





Buildings inside the Palace Complex - 
Now Govt Offices


Netaji Subash Chandra Bose Statue just outside the Palace


Mahatma Gandhi Statue

Tank opposite to the Palace


Sivagangai Bus Stand


Sivagangai Railway Station



Sri Gowri Vallabha Ganapathy Temple

Lord Siva Temple

During 1965-66, I studied in Raja Doraisingam Memorial College, Sivagangai.  We were residing at Manamadurai, a nearby place, from where I used to commute to and fro to attend classes. This is how Sivagangai came into my life.  Nearly 45 years after my college days there, I visited the place with my dear friend, Senthil, and clicked the landmarks for posting in my blog.

No comments: