Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Friday, August 31, 2012

My Photo Album-171: Uncle, Mr A.S.S.

This is my uncle, A.S.S., my father's elder brother.  My father lost both his parents before he reached the age of 9.  So this uncle was like a father to him, which explains I am named after him.  (The usual practice is to name the first-born-male child after one's father.  My father was very much devoted to him and people used to compare them to Rama and Laxmana.) He was the Leader of the Congress Party in the Dindigul Municipality and was respected by all.  He died tragically in a train accident on December 23, 1964.  It so happened that when his body was brought to Madurai Railway Station from the accident spot, I was the one who identified him and informed my dad. Then we carried his body by car to his residence at Dindigul.  

No comments: