Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Monday, September 03, 2012

Picture of the day-407: Kundhukal Beach, Rameswaram

This photo was taken by me during my visit to Swami Vivekananda Memorial at Kundhukal Beach, Rameswaram.  The beach just behind backside wall of the Memorial.  That evening I felt a lot of peace in my mind as I looked at the sea, after spending a few quite minutes in the meditation hall of the Memorial. The only discordant note was registered by my people, as they had a very tough travelling by an auto from the main road to that Memorial. A town bus was plying several times a day to that Memorial. The road was so bad and nobody seems to have bothered about its maintenance, in spite of the historical importance of the place. Typical of our people.  I have felt it in many places and in many situations: Maintenance is a pointless or meaningless or maybe even a dirty word for our people. Many good things are lost forever for want of maintenance.  I am reminded of a saying my father used to quote:  A STITCH IN TIME SAVES NINE.  

No comments: