Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Friday, July 06, 2007

My Photo Album-3: "Srimat Swami Chidghananandaji Maharaj(Sri Ramamoorthy Maharaj)"

Through my friend, Dr.R.Janakiraman, I started taking interest in the Sri Ramakrishna-Vivekananda Movement from 1970 and he took me to Sri Ramakrishna Tapovanam several times, when Srimat Swami Chidbhavanandaji Maharaj was President. Then he took me to Sri Ramakrishna Math, Madurai, during its early days. After Dr Janakiraman's departure from Karaikudi, unexpectedly my spiritual fervour started growing slowly (due to the influence of books presented to me by Dr Janakirman) and I started frequenting the Madurai Math. By then, Srimat Swami Chidghananandaji Maharaj has become President of Madurai Math. He started showering kindness on me from the beginning. Charmed by his kindness, the frequency of my visit increased and it became a regular monthly visit. But I would leave the Math in the evening. One day evening, which was a Saturday, when I wanted to take his leave, Swamiji asked me to stay at the Math as the next day was Sunday and a holiday. So I stayed at the Math. The experience was pleasant and I started going once a month on a Saturday and stay the night at the Math. Sunday early morning, after 'arati' I would leave.

The swamiji was simplicity itself. More often he would wear only a saffron-dyed 4-yard dhothi, leaving the upper part of the body uncovered. He would avoid touching money. When I wanted to hand over donations collected, he would always say, "Hand over the money to the office".

When his health started declining, he went to Kasi (Varanasi) and spent his last days there. He attained mukti at Kasi on April 5, 2005 at the age of 75.

He was an embodiment of love and I would always cherish his memory and I consider myself blessed to have received love and affection.

Jai Shri Guru Maharaj Jai!

No comments: