Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Saturday, July 19, 2008

Environment-9: "G-8 Scandal"

I write this in continuation of my note in this blog on Global Warming, Global Cooling, Greenhouse Effect and Global Politics (Environment-8 dated July 16, 2008). A friend has suggested that I change the title as: "Global Warming, Global Cooling, Global Politics and Global Hoax". Okay my dear, I am changing the title as you suggested.

Another friend has sent a link to an article, "The Weather G-8 Scandal" by Jay D.Homnick. I read this article with great interest. I found in it something which I was feeling but could not find the words to express. "The greater tragedy is the loss of credibility in the field of science." How true. Further, the lines following were also beautifully written and deserve repetition here: "A century ago the entire world was certain that all its problems could be solved by the application of the cold hard facts science would discover. Instead of science pushing politics and culture toward objectivity, politics and culture have pushed science into subjectivity. How sad for us to rely for our facts on people who color them for their gain, and whom we lack the authority to refute." Hats off, to Mr.Homnick.

In case you want to read that article by Jay D.Homnick, I am furnishing the link to it:


With grateful thanks to Mr.Jay D.Homnick and my friends for reading my posting and offering useful comments.

No comments: