Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Thursday, October 02, 2008

Random Thoughts-14: "On Gandhiji"

Gandhi Jayanthi (Gandhiji's birthday) is being celebrated today not only in India but all over the world. On this day, I paid my humble homage to Gandhi by offering flowers to his portrait, reading a few inspiring passages written by him and also by posting my thoughts of him in my blogs.

Not that I think of him on his Jayanthi only; actually his smiling portrait adorns the foyer of our office and daily while entering the office, I mentally offer my respects to him and seek his blessings to live truthfully.

To me Gandhiji stands for, as I have said elsewhere in my blog:

NON-VIOLENCE IN THOUGHT, WORD AND DEED

TRUTHFULNESS IN THOUGHT, WORD AND DEED

UNIVERSAL LOVE

SIMPLE LIVING AND HIGH-THINKING

NON-COVETOUSNESS AND NON-POSSESSIVENESS and

SELFLESS LIFE AND SELFLESS SERVICE.

I should like to think that I am moving towards these ideals albeit inch by inch.

I also have a desire to read his complete works (I think they run into more than 100 bulky volumes), before I die and quote from them extensively in my blogs. I hope they will inspire and guide me, as also others who visit my blogs and have the patience to read them.

Some of his lofty and wonderful thoughts I have posted in my blog, "Role Models and Inspiring Lives". Just a look at them would convince anybody how great and noble a soul he was.

I shall be immensely happy if the younger generation, especially my children, Priya and Vinod, read his writings and benefit by them.

I salute you, Mahatmaji, on this day and may I always keep you in my mind so that inspires me to tread the path of Truth and follow your noble ideals! No matter how many times I fail, I should still pursue these goals till the end, without losing heart.

Detailed Wikipedia article on: "MOHANDAS KARAMCHAND GANDHI": http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mahatma_Gandhi

Full text of Gandhiji's Autobiography, "THE STORY OF MY EXPERIMENTS WITH TRUTH": http://wikilivres.info/wiki/An_Autobiography_or_The_Story_of_my_Experiments_with_Truth

Grateful thanks to Wikilivres and Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia.

No comments: