Happy New Year 2021

WISH YOU ALL A HAPPY, HEALTHY, PROSPEROUS AND PURPOSEFUL NEW YEAR 2020

Saturday, October 31, 2009

Random Thoughts-34: "World Savings Day"

October 31. Today is World Savings Day. I am definitely not qualified to say or write anything about savings. For me, savings is an eluding art, in spite of my having lived for nearly 40 years in and around Karaikudi, the stronghold of Nattukkottai Chettiars, who are well-known for their thrift.

Long back I wrote a poem for our inhouse magazine, WINGS. I recall that today and copy it below for your benefit:

Religion
proudly proclaims:
"GOD SAVES".
As for me
Always overspend
and
Overshoot my budget;
End with a deficit,
Every time I make a budget..
God saves;.
No wonder
God is great..

While waiting for the bus, I saw a neon-sign saying "God Saves", which pushed me to write the above poem in a lighter vein. Don't take it a blasphemy or some such thing. I trust in your sense of humour. Believe me, I am a very pious man.

No comments: